FLTAP will be offering several internships for 2017. Learn about large-scale equine management, with opportunities available for riding and re-schooling. There is no experience necessary to apply, just a love of horses and a willingness to learn about the after-care program and retraining of retired racehorses.
Requirements may include:
- Barn chores in the morning and evenings including feeding horses, watering, turn-out/bring-in, and mucking stalls
- Learning about medical care, including wrapping, applying medication to horses, etc. as necessary
- Learning grooming techniques
- Stacking hay and feed, learning about horse nutrition
- Fundraising experiences
- Opportunities for riding (based on rider experience)
This is an unpaid internship, with full or part time opportunities, scheduling is flexible. 2 weeks up to 12 weeks internships are available. There will be opportunities for riding and re-schooling dependent upon rider experience. College credits may be available through your college or university. Please email resume and cover sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you are interested in the program.